After months of pressure from my eccentric mother I have given in and decided to give Jenny a go. When I say "Jenny", I am referring to Jenny Craig. My mother and brother have been doing Jenny since January with much success. Since the fat gene clearly runs in my family I figured what did I have to lose.
I signed up on Saturday, using my mother's American Express card (that she was foolish to let me keep when I moved out of state almost 7 years ago). With mom paying I definitely didn't have anything to lose. The representative who signed me up told me all that I would want to know about the program and I told her I already knew it all because my mother is the unofficial spokesperson for Jenny in Brooklyn. The representative also told me that my consultant would call and check on me during the week and that if I needed her to call more she could do that as well.
Little did this representative know that my mother would be calling several times a day, acting as my consultant. My mom offered tips on certain foods. For example, she told me to separate the blueberry pancakes from the sausage in my breakfast otherwise the pancakes taste like sausage. And she said, "oh, Tara, be sure to only heat that one for 70 seconds, not 75". Mother does always know best, right?
Yesterday was day one. Not too bad if you ask me. The program is extremely easy to follow. Jenny provides a sheet with all your meals on it and you just follow along. If my brother can figure it out, I can too. Easy means this program is not cheap.
I am going to be "doing" Jenny for longer than anticipated. I had my bubble busted on Saturday. I went in telling the representative that I only wanted to lose 20-30 pounds and her response was that I needed to lose at least 50 to be within my healthy weight range. What the what? I said that is a lot. She was quite encouraging and here I am. I have a 50 pound weight loss goal and I plan to share my experience doing Jenny and the craziness that unfolds with my mom along the way. Stay tuned...
First, I am supremely proud of you for doing this (Jenny and the blog). No one can tell a story quite like you and I have no doubt we will all be entertained and you will look amazing when you reach your goal. Second, I can't wait to hear what your Mom says when she finds out you called her "eccentric" and you are blogging. Her "colorful" commentary will need a post all its own. Lastly, I will reserve my inappropriate comments about "doing" Jenny 32 and how long it will last.
ReplyDeleteP.S. - Keep a bottle of Ketchup on the passenger side just in case.
whoo hooo for blog. I am both excited and a little scare. :) According to the Jenny books you can have a small amount of ketchup, but like a potato chip, can you really just have a small amount? no.
ReplyDeletesasha
LOVE your guts and your story!!! I too have fluctuated up and down about 75 pounds.... Good for u! Looking forward to following your story!
ReplyDelete