Living with another person is difficult. Significant other, roommate, friend, parents, siblings, animals, etc. They all pose different problems and conflicts, but living with a NJD is even harder. Meals together are not the same. Going out to dinner is not the same. It is Jenny for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. And it lasts for as long as you make the commitment to Jenny. I think I underestimated how much of an adjustment Jenny would be. Not only for me, but for my significant other. Granted it is only day three, but I think "it is only day three" that is a large part of it. I think if it was just me, living alone, Jenny would be easier. Sure, I have support from friends and of course my mother, but having a Jenny buddy would make the process easier.
Instead, my live-in chick is counting calories on an iPhone app. She enters in all she eats and calculates calories. Let me be honest, I am ecstatic that she has gained interest in counting calories, but it is not the same as having a microwaved meal with me every night. She is tempted by Jenny though, I can tell. She asks about her, looks at her food boxes and has been looking at my Jenny books. I can tell she is curious, but I am not sure if she is curious enough to sign up. Enter my mother, who for the past three days has called me and asked why my girlfriend is not doing it. I think if my mother is good at anything, she is good at pressuring you into believing her vision. At the end of the day, Jenny is showing me portion control and everyone, including my girlfriend can benefit from that lesson.
My mom said the first 5 days are the hardest. I always say that it takes two weeks to alter any behavior. I haven't reached 5 days or two weeks, but what I can tell you is that the food is extremely tasty. I've had an egg omelet, pasta with meatballs, a turkey burger and even fish and chips. Who knew? I would never think of fish and chips as a diet meal, but Jenny made it one.
I had to bake 4 dozen Funfetti cupcakes and 3 dozen Funfetti cookies tonight for an event on Thursday. I didn't eat a single one, but I did have my Jenny cookie. Mmm Mmm Good.
I liked this post. :) Your calorie counting girlfriend is proud of you. And she loves you very very much.
ReplyDelete