I survived...my first Nats game without a nice cold beer and a Ben's half smoke. I don't think I ever realized how much events are associated with food and eating.
Last night required some planning because I had to get home from work and have my Jenny meal all before heading to the stadium. I was able to accomplish that difficult task, but the hardest part was being at the stadium and only consuming a diet coke. I guess on the upside it was a fountain soda which is always better than a bottle. I went to the game with my pal and she ate and consumed some alcoholic beverages. She is the best person to go to the Nats games with while doing Jenny because she eats from the gluten free stand. No temptation there :)
The most sad part of last evening was that I got home after 10:30 and decided to go up to sleep and I forgot to check with Jenny - boo me. What that means is I missed out on a treat Jenny had for me. She gave me a chocolate cake and I didn't know. There is nothing like knowing you could have had chocolate cake, but instead you missed out. I was devastated. Okay, maybe not devastated, but pretty disappointed. And with temperamental Jenny it is not like I can have the cake today. If you snooze you lose. Because I didn't eat the cake yesterday, I lost out until next week. Yes, I know, I should get over it - but it was cake.
That Jenny is a tease. That Jenny is also high maintenance. She requires time, planning and thought. She is costly and anxiety producing. My hope is that she will be worth it. Tomorrow morning will be the first test because it is my first weigh in. Fingers crossed.
Like me, Jenny is high maintenance. But like me, she's worth it. :)
ReplyDelete